At TMC, we like to make sure that all of our Dynamics 365 Business Central clients can use their business solution to the best of their ability. First, we like to make sure they master the basics; which we compiled a BC FAQ blog and you can find that here. Next, we thought we take it up a notch and make a more 'technical' FAQ page. This time around, one of our Dynamics 365 Business Central consultants (or as we like to call them 'wizards') took questions that she encounters on an everyday basis, and compiled this list of 10 frequently asked questions (FAQ):
Can I merge two Customers on Dynamics 365 Business Central (BC)?
- Yes, you can merge two different customer records and choose the values from each that should be used for the merged customer.
How about two Vendors on BC?
- Yes, you can merge two different Vendor records on Dynamics 365 Business Central. The merge tool shows you which fields are different and allows you choose the values from each that should be used for the merged Vendor.
Can I reverse a Purchase Invoice on Dynamics 365 BC?
- You can correct or cancel a posted purchase invoice. This is useful if you want to correct a typing mistake, or if you want to change the purchase early in the order process.
On the Posted Purchase Invoice page, you can choose the Correct button or the Cancel button. When you correct or cancel a posted purchase invoice, the corrective purchase credit memo is applied to all general ledger and inventory ledger entries that were created when the initial purchase invoice was posted. This reverses the posted purchase invoice in your financial records and leaves the corrective posted purchase credit memo for your audit trail
Can I set up Parent and Child Vendors/Customers Dynamics 365 Business Central?
- Yes, you can. If you buy from one Vendor but pay another, identify the Parent Vendor that you pay on the vendor card in the “Vendor No.” field. Purchase transactions then will automatically set the Pay-To Vendor to be this Vendor.
Can I create ACH payment files Dynamics 365 Business Central?
- Yes, Business Central has ACH payment file functionality. By using the bank’s required specifications, you can easily set up the file format for generating ACH payment files directly from the Payment Journal
Why is my AP Check not printing when I am using Dynamics 365 BC?
- This is a common question. If you are trying to print a check and nothing is happening, check that your Bank Payment Type is “Computer Check”. Also check that the Bank Account on the Payment Line is the same bank that is selected on the Check Report. With both of these values correct, your check will print without issue.
What can I do if I can’t find a page or report on Dynamics 365 BC?
- Use magnifying glass in the upper right to Search for any page or report
Can I save the filters that I always apply to a page Dynamics 365 BC?
- Yes, you can save filtered views. On the left hand side of the page, where your filters are, click on the image of a floppy disk. This will allow you to save this filtered view with a name.
I can never find what I need in the D365 BC menu. Can I save the pages I use to my Role Center?
- Yes, each page has a “bookmark” image in the top right of the page. Clicking the bookmark will create a link to the page from your Role Center. This change will only apply to the user that made the changes. This is called User Personalization
Can I remove fields and actions that I don’t use on Dynamics 365 BC?
- Yes, you can personalize your pages to be specific to how you want them. Click in the gear icon in the top right of Business Central and choose personalize. Once in “Personalize” mode, you can remove fields, action items and more. Once you have completed your changes click “Done” and your personalization will be saved.
Visit our website's solutions to learn more about our solutions in order to further your understanding of financial and business management systems. Team up with a certified Microsoft Gold Partner to make your migration to the cloud seamless. If you have any questions regarding Dynamics 365 or other ERP/CRM systems, you can contact us here.