The best thing about using Microsoft Dynamics NAV as an ERP solution is the ease at which it makes controlling of activities. Taking control over chain supplies and operations makes it easy to track commercial usage, thus promoting the growth of business ambition. As Microsoft sets to release Dynamics NAV 2017, there is growing excitement among NAV fans. Some of the expected features include:
Further assimilation with Office 365
The new Dynamics NAV 2017 ensures office 365 is easier to navigate and manageable to allow customers and colleagues to review, analyze and share data on different platforms. Fitted with a new user interface, Office 365 works seamlessly across various solutions, allowing organizations an easy time accessing documents and files online. The Office 365 integration with NAV, will also include improved MS Word, SharePoint and Outlook integrations which will allow employees to save time by working exclusively out of NAV 2017 instead of having to continuously switch back and forth between applications. It also will have a new & improved Power BI module that is directly embedded in it for more powerful reporting.
When Microsoft designed the Azure cloud platform, the main goal was to enable users more time and resources and increase efficiency. The cloud platform is critical part of the future NAV 2017 for online users. Not only is Microsoft Azure the best cloud platform in the business currently, but it’s the most advanced. Paired with efficiency and profitability, it makes data storage and recovery much easier.
Other NAV 2017 Updates
- Works Natively with CRM - NAV 2017 can be integrated with CRM online via a new wizard that guides you through the setup process that is quick and painless
- Optimized mobile CRM experience - ability to work more effectively with NAV 2017’s Relationship Management straight from your phone. The new & improved application includes contact management, interactions, & sales opportunities.
- Enhanced User experience
- Finance Enhancements - includes Default Account Schedules which means no setup is required so it’s quick to produce the financial reports you need. New Account Categories provide the structure you need for your chart of accounts to make reporting easier. Also Payment Reconciliation is now much more efficient so you can complete your payment/bank reconciliations in one step.
- Cortana Intelligence - uses different machine learning algorithms and compares results giving you predictions with the highest quality, taking advantage of historical data to help predict sales, manage stock, etc.
- Embedded Power BI - allows you to easily create reports & charts then make them available to your entire user base in NAV 2017
- E-Everything - including hyperlinks to payment services like Paypal, Chargelogic, etc. to make paying invoices online a breeze. Also includes OCR (optical character recognition) to help track items and extract lines of invoices
- Managing Your Items - can create custom item attributes and assign them an item attribute value helping you manage items and create sales documents
- Extensions - ability to modify NAV 2017 without directly altering the source code, making it easier to deploy, manage & upgrade your system
For more information on the impacts NAV 2017 will have on business, contact us.
November 10, 2016 | Dynamics NAV