You may have a suggestion for a feature for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, or you might have an issue that you think other Business Central users can help you with. Regardless whether you’re looking for training material or if you simply want to stay up to date with what’s happening in the community, we’ve got the right resources for you.
Some Dynamics 365 BC resources:
The Dynamics 365 Business Central engineering team has several channels to engage, communicate, and receive feedback from our community. Which channel is most appropriate for you to use depends on your position in the community.
- What is your relation to Dynamics 365 Business Central? Are you partner or customer?
- What is your role in the Dynamics 365 Business Central ecosystem? Are you a developer or a user?
- What type of feedback or content are you looking for? Do you have a suggestion for a new feature? Have you found a bug? Are you looking for community updates? Would you like to learn more about Business Central?
Summary of where to file bugs and issues:
- For collaboration in preview or beta versions of AL Language in Visual Studio Code (aka ModernDev), use GitHub
- For Microsoft partners, for versions already in general availability and supported, file requests through Microsoft Partnersource
- For ISVs/VARs who have discovered a bug in a in preview or beta version, use MS Collaborate
- For Business Central customers who have issues or found bugs, please contact your Microsoft partner
Customers and partners
There are several resources that anyone in the community can use to learn about the product or provide feedback to the development team.
Share an idea about a new feature you'd like to have
Dynamics 365 Ideas site
Use this forum to provide suggestions for new feature and capabilities. Your input goes directly to Business Central’s engineering backlog for investigation and prioritization. Make sure to search through the list of submitted suggestions, as chances are that someone already submitted something similar and might have already received votes. Vote if an idea already has been submitted to get it prioritized on the team’s backlog.
Ask or answer questions in the community
Business Central Forum
Use this forum to submit a question and learn from other Business Central community members. MVPs, Partners, and Microsoft employees participate in the conversations.
Use this to learn more about new Business Central and app releases, tips and tricks, as well as updates about new country releases.
Business Central Support
Use this blog for technical information from the Microsoft support team.
Learn about current or upcoming capabilities
If you're wondering about upcoming or recently released capabilities in Business Central, use this link to learn more.
Docs (how the application works today)
Use this library to learn how to make Business Central work for your business.
Docs (extend and customize)
Use this content to learn how to extend and customize Business Central.
Give Feedback about content
On docs.microsoft.com, at the bottom of each article you'll find two buttons. The Product feedback button sends you to the Ideas site, and the Content feedback button lets you submit feedback about the content through GitHub.
Partners and developers
The following resources are available to Business Central partners and third-party developers.
Provide feedback and report issues
Partners enrolled in Ready To Go have access to Collaborate, where they can report bugs on preview versions of Business Central and go to the development network on Yammer where they can engage with and flag issues to the development team directly.
Engage with us on GitHub
GitHub brings together community of developers to discover, share, and build software. From open source projects to private team repositories, we’re your all-in-one platform for collaborative development. Here are some useful repositories for Business Central.
For collaboration on the AL Development Environment in Visual Studio Code (aka ModernDev), use this link.
Microsoft AL application add-ons
There are a couple of ways to engage with us here:
- You can grab the code and contribute to the published apps.
- If you’re building your own app and need something specific from us, like an event, you can help improve the general extensibility of the business logic.
Use this to collaborate around the source code and the scripts of the generic docker image for Business Central.
Engage and learn more as a partner
This blog for partners talks about opportunities, processes, and tools for the Business Central partner community.
Ready to Go Online learning catalog
The “Ready to Go” learning catalog provides Business Central partners access to training resources. It contains readiness information for multiple roles in organizations that resell Business Central and for those who develop apps for Microsoft AppSource.
Events and Conferences
The Business Central engineering team participates in many conferences and we’re always interested in conversations about the product as well as getting feedback about how it can be improved. Here are a few of the events we join:
- Directions EMEA (The next conference is in Vienna, Austria, October 9-11, 2019)
- Direction NA (The next conference is in Las Vegas, USA , May 5-8, 2019)
- Directions ASIA (The next conference is in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 1-2, 2019)
- NAVUG Summit (The next conference is in Orlando, USA, October 13-18, 2019)
- NAVTechDays (The next conference is in Antwerp, Belgium , November 21-22. 2019)
The next FAQ is about Security hardening your on-premises installation of Dynamics 365 Business Central
Re-posted from Microsoft | Dynamics 365 Business Central Blog